Explosive detection with XploSens P — Explosives detection ink to test suspicious items for peroxide based explosives (TATP, HMTD, etc.).
- Simple drop tests – Rapid and distinct color change
- Instantaneously detects TATP, HMTD
- Requires no additional components/equipment
- Room Temperature storage
- Conducts 100 + tests
- Pure TATP can give a slow response. A noticeable yellow color will be observed within 40 seconds. If a yellow coloration is observed, the user should wait an additional 2 minutes to see if the color fully develops.
- Sodium percarbonate (a bleach alternative) is a source of anhydrous hydrogen peroxide and is detected.
- For some materials, significant bubbling is observed, for example if the sample contains a carbonate. These materials should be tested by placing a drop of the reagent at an edge of the sample.
Weight: 0.01 lb
Dimensions: 0.65 in x 0.65 in x 2.75 in
Dispense one drop on the suspected material. A rapid color change (within seconds) from colorless to orange indicates the presence of peroxides.