Explosive detection with XploSens ST – Sterile Capillary Tests are used to detect ingredients in suspect liquids meant for human consumption that can be used for manufacturing explosives, such as solutions of hydrogen peroxides or chlorates.
- One Step detection
- Simple and effective – Rapid and distinct color change
- Instantaneously detects solutions containing chlorates and peroxides.
- Detects many strong oxidizers (for example nitric acid)
- Room Temperature storage
- Conducts 50 tests
- The hypochlorite ion in bleach and percarbonate in color safe bleach give a color change.
- Ammonium solutions discolor the reagent.
Weight: 0.1 lb
Dimensions: 1.25 in × 1.25 in × 3.5 in
Dip one end of the capillary tube into the suspected solution. A rapid color change (within seconds) from dark blue to light color, typically yellow inside the capillary tube indicates the presence of a strong oxidizer such as peroxides, chlorates and bromates.