Explosive detection with XploSens TS – Test Strips are used to detect ingredients in suspect liquids, such as hydrogen peroxides or chlorates, that can be used for manufacturing explosives.
- One Step detection
- Simple and effective – Rapid and distinct color change
- Instantaneously detects solutions containing chlorates and peroxides.
- Detects many strong oxidizers (for example nitric acid)
- Room Temperature storage
- Conducts 100 tests
- The hypochlorite ion in bleach and percarbonate in color safe bleach give a color change.
- Ammonium solutions discolor the reagent.
Weight: 0.01 lb
Dimensions: 1.25 in × 1.25 in × 3.5 in
Dip the indicating end of the test strip into the suspect solution. A rapid color change (within 30 seconds) from a dark blue to a light color, typically yellow, indicates the presence of a strong oxidizer such as peroxides and chlorates.