Xtractite sorbents contain high density reagent on large surface area pellets and have a high affinity for metal adsorption of large quantities of heavy metal ions. The high density reagent reduces radiation release from the radionuclide-loaded pellets while the refractory nature of the sorbent prevents radiation or heat damage to the loaded pellets.
- Radionuclides such as cesium, cerium, strontium etc.
- Actinides such as Thorium, Uranium etc.
- Heavy metals such as cobalt, lead etc.
- Water treatment
- Treatment of radioactive effluents
- Industrial waste water treatment
- Environmental remediation
- Analytical and research applications