Explosive detection with XploSens Ox — Nanometric Ink to test suspicious items for chlorate and Sprengel based explosives.
- Simple drop tests – Rapid and distinct color change
- Instantaneously detects chlorate and Sprengel based primary explosives
- Detects hydrogen peroxide and many strong oxidizers (for example nitric acid)
- Requires no additional components/equipment
- Room Temperature storage
- Conducts 100 + tests
Materials that are produced using nitric acid (for example, urea nitrate) may contain
trace amounts of the acid and can discolor the reagent.
- The hypochlorite ion in bleach and percarbonate in color safe bleach give a color change.
- Ammonium solutions discolor the reagent.